February 25, 2016
Our Organic, Plant-Based Approach to Our Fitness RoutineDESIGNER PROTEIN has upped the protein ante!
In an office full of barre advocates, yogis, triathletes, SUPers, surfers, runners, backpackers and adventurers, we don’t take our protein game lightly. We have all learned (sometimes the hard way) that pre and post workout fuel is everything for getting successfully sweaty. Whey, soy, hemp, rice… the source of protein can be overwhelming. But when our friends & next door neighbors here in sunny Carlsbad, Designer Protein, launched their Sunshine Organic Protein Powder there seemed to be only one obvious answer for us: organic, plant-based protein. Can you say right up our alley??
Photographed above: Megan Porteous, Designer Protein’s (rockstar) Marketing Director
The Deets: Derived from organic whole foods, Sunshine Organic Protein Powder is a USDA Certified Organic blend of sunflower, pea and pumpkin seed protein, superfoods, detox greens and essential nutrients for wellness. Every ingredient has a purpose. Gram for gram, organic sunflower seeds contain the highest level of essential amino acids and glutamine, compared with other commercially available proteins such as rice, soy, hemp, and whey, including whey isolate. Omega-rich antioxidants from sunflower and flax seeds, kale and spirulina provide detox benefits. Nutritious fiber from sunflower sprout, plus, probiotics and digestive enzymes support digestive health. Green tea and sprouted plants and seeds provide wellness support, and vitamins and minerals sourced from organic plants support vitality and energy. Sunshine Protein offers organic plant-based goodness at its best.
• Complete, 100% plant-based organic protein & superfoods
• For use in shakes, smoothies, cooking and baking
• 16g of organic sunflower, pea and pumpkin seed protein, and only 120 calories per serving
• Highest level of essential amino acids and glutamine compared with other commercially available proteins
• Omega-rich antioxidants for detox benefits
• Fiber, digestive enzymes and probiotics for digestive health
• Green tea and sprouted plants and seeds for wellness support
• No artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors or preservatives
• USDA Certified Organic. Certified Vegan. Certified Gluten-free. Certified Kosher
• Non-GMO. Soy-free. Rice-free. Dairy-free. Lactose-free. Egg-free
• Carrageenan-free. Stevia-free
• Made in the USA
Here is a link to some of our favorite protein based recipes: http://designerprotein.com/recipes/
LOOP GIVEAWAY!! Now is YOUR chance to experience the protein goodness! We’ve teamed up with our friends over at Designer Protein & NOKA Organics to bring you an epic prize pack including our favorite pre, during, and post workout essentials for an organic approach to your fitness routine! Head over to our instagram @COOLA_Suncare to enter! >> https://www.instagram.com/coola_suncare/ Winner will be announced on Friday, 2/26 at 12pm, PST.
GOOD LUCK! – Happy Sun-Blocking!